The Redemption House operates in compliance with the recommendations and instructions of the Ministry of Health and Public Health York Region.
Measures we’re taking
- The COVID-19 Member Screening Questionnaire is included in the virtual registration/attendance form to screen all individuals who plan to attend church service before they come therein.
- A signage with the screening questions, and instructions requesting people to self-screen prior to entering our organization is posted on the wall at the entrance/foyer.
- Signage clearly states that people with symptoms are to stay at home and not enter our organization.
- Click here for the self-screening https://covid-19.ontario.ca/screening/customer/
The following measures have been adopted :
- Our space and seating arrangements have been modified to allow for a minimum of two metres/six feet distance between members’ seating. An exception to the aforementioned are people living in the same household who are not required to maintain a physical distance of at least two metres/six feet from each other while in our premises.
- Visual cues (e.g. laminated paper signs) are placed as a guide for physical distancing on seating arrangements.
- The stage is off limits to the public and only those leading by speaking or singing while physically distanced are permitted to remove their mask for the duration of the time they are leading.
The Redemption House limits the number of persons that can register and be present in our organization to ensure that:
- The total number of members and/or visitors at any one time does not exceed the stipulated capacity of 25% as stated in the regulation, which is 25 people-this number is the maximum capacity that can register to attend our service at one time.
- We operate a hybrid service that allows members that are not able to attend our In-House services to watch services virtually to provide them with the same worship experience they would have In-House.
Masks or face coverings
The Redemption House ensures that :
- Masks are required indoors. We provide disposable masks to people who have not brought their own, these masks are readily available at the entrance/foyer for donning.
- Only those who are actively leading the service in an area not available to the public (on stage) or have a medical exemption do not have to wear a mask as per the Ontario Ministry of Health guidelines.
Hand Hygiene and Etiquette
The Redemption House ensures that:
- Supplies needed for screening such as an automatic hand sanitizer, manual sanitizing pumps, masks, cleaning and disinfecting wipes are stationed at the entrance in the foyer area for people to use before entering the auditorium.
- An adequate supply of liquid soap, paper towel, hand sanitizer, tissues, and waste receptacles are available throughout our organization and in our washrooms.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
The Redemption House ensures that:
- Our auditorium, children’s rooms, washrooms, kitchen and frequently touched surfaces such as door knobs, light switches, toilet handles, counters, handrails, keypads e.t.c. are cleaned and disinfected as frequently as is necessary to maintain a sanitary condition; and that.
- Our equipments such as computers, microphones, electronics and other machines or devices operated by members are cleaned and disinfected as frequently as is necessary to maintain a sanitary condition.
Please note that this safety plan is subject to revision as regulation changes are effected.